Monday, January 14, 2013

God's Wife IT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF


Priceless!
God's Wife
IT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF

> > Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once
> > Talked about a contest he was asked to judge.
> > The purpose of the
> > Contest was to find the most caring child.
> >
> > The winner was:
> >
> > 1. A four-year-old child, whose next door
> > neighbor was an elderly gentleman, who had recently lost his
> > wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old
> > Gentleman's' yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
> > When his mother asked him what he had
> > said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 'Nothing, I just
> > Helped him cry.'
> >
> > *********************************************
> >
> > 2. Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were
> > discussing a picture of a family. One little boy in the picture
> > had a different hair color than the other members. One of her
> > students suggested that he was adopted.
> > A little girl said, 'I know all about
> > Adoption, I was adopted..'
> >
> > 'What does it mean to be adopted?', asked
> > another child.
> >
> > 'It means', said the girl, 'that you grew
> > in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!'
> >
> > ************************ *********************
> >
> > 3. On my way home one day, I stopped to
> > watch a Little League base ball game that was being played in a
> > park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the first-
> > base line, I asked one of the boys what the score was
> > 'We're behind 14 to nothing,' he answered
> > With a smile.
> >
> > 'Really,' I said 'I have to say you
> > don't look very discouraged.'
> >
> > 'Discouraged?', the boy asked with a
> > Puzzled look on his face...
> >
> > 'Why should we be discouraged? We haven't
> > Been up to bat yet.'
> >
> > *********************** **********************
> >
> > 4. Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot
> > in life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott.
> >
> > Jamie was trying out for a part in the
> > school play His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being
> > in it, though she feared he would not be chosen..
> >
> > On the day the parts were awarded, I went
> > with her to collect him after school. Jamie rushed up to her,
> > eyes shining with pride and excitement.. 'Guess what, Mom,' he
> > shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to
> > me....'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'
> >
> > *********************************************
> >
> > 5. An eye witness account from New York
> > City , on a cold day in December,
> > some years ago: A little boy,
> > about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store on the
> > roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering
> > With cold.
> >
> > A lady approached the young boy and said,
> > 'My, but you're in such deep thought staring in that window!'
> >
> > 'I was asking God to give me a pair of
> > shoes,' was the boy's reply.
> >
> > The lady took him by the hand, went into
> > the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks
> > for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water
> > and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.
> >
> > She took the little fellow to the back
> > part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed
> > his little feet, and dried them with the towel.
> >
> > By this time, the clerk had returned with
> > the socks.. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him
> > a pair of shoes..
> >
> > She tied up the remaining pairs of socks
> > and gave them to him. She patted him on the head and said, 'No
> > doubt, you will be more comfortable now..'
> >
> > As she turned to go, the astonished kid
> > caught her by the hand, and looking up into her face, with tears
> > in his eyes, asked her:
> >
> > 'Are you God's wife?'

No comments: